Heavy Equipment Technician
Location: 2 Journeyman Ave., RM of Edenwold, North on Range Road 2185 off Hwy# 46
Shift: All Shifts - 8h
Positions Available: 2
Compensation: based on experience
Please submit your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a diverse career in heavy equipment? You are looking at the right company in Regina Maintenance Plus! We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career for long term growth.
A Regina Maintenance Plus Heavy Equipment Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, a variety of heavy duty machinery including skid steers, cranes, dozers and excavators. This position requires someone comfortable in the field and is keen to perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate for this role will be able to balance client interactions and working with the team to complete projects in an efficient and timely manner. The role requires a well rounded knowledge of machinery but also exceptional communication skills to explain issues, and diagnostic results.
What we offer
- Modern and clean work environment
- Industry leading technology and tools
- Competitive salary
- New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- Health & dental benefit package
- Coveralls and laundry
- Boot allowance
- Vacation time and 10 paid statutory holidays
- Technical and professional training
- Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Working in shop and on location on heavy equipment including proficient diagnosis and repair of: Power trains including differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends.
- Inspection, testing, and understanding defective equipment repairs to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Perform preventive maintenance services and inspections
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Identify and determine parts required for services and repairs as well as Identification of warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver's License Minimum Class 5 drivers licence, preference given to those with Class 3 or greater
- Previous related experience in truck, trailer or heavy duty service and repairs
- Provincial Journeyperson, Red seal certificate would be an asset
- Prior extensive hydraulic and electrical experience
- Prior experience with heavy equipment including: cranes dozers, excavators, skid steers
- Basic welding abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Regina Maintenance Plus
Regina Maintenance Plus is an independently owned and operated local business operating out of a new fully equipped 7,700 square foot facility. Regina Maintenance Plus offers a professional shop, field job site and roadside repairs and service. Regina Maintenance Plus specializes in 24/7 365 roadside assistance and repairs. Regina Maintenance Plus is a certified SGI inspection station for highway safety. Please visit our website at www.reginamaintenanceplus.com.