Welder/Heavy Duty Mechanic
Looking for a diverse career and have experience in heavy duty machinery and the transportation industry? You are looking at the right company in Regina Maintenance Plus! We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career for long term growth.
Regina Maintenance Plus is looking for someone to join the team as a welder to work alongside our team of heavy duty mechanics. This position requires someone comfortable in the field and is keen to perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate for this role will be able to work with the team to complete projects in an efficient and timely manner and requires a well rounded knowledge of machinery but also exceptional communication skills.
Submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
What we offer
- Modern and clean work environment
- Industry leading technology and tools
- Competitive salary
- New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- Health & dental benefit package
- Coveralls and laundry
- Boot allowance
- Vacation time and 10 paid statutory holidays
- Technical and professional training
- Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Working in shop and on location on heavy equipment including proficient diagnosis and repair of: Power trains including differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends.
- Diagnose failures, malfunctions and other breakdown of machinery, equipment, systems and structures and their component parts and modify or repair by fabricating, fitting, adjusting, installing, constricting, disassembling, reassembling and welding
- Perform preventive maintenance services and inspections
- Proficiency or experience in shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Stick Welding and Gouging (CAC-A)
- Check own work for proper dimensions, contour alignment, fit proper function, quality, safety and conformance to specifications
- Use all necessary material, tools and equipment as required in performance of above duties
- Perform Mechanic duties as needed
- Read blueprint drawings to determine work procedures
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver's License Minimum Class 5 drivers licence, preference given to those with Class 3 or greater
- Previous related experience in truck, trailer or heavy duty service and repairs
- Provincial Journeyperson, Red seal certificate would be an asset
- Prior experience with heavy equipment including: cranes dozers, excavators, skid steers
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, carrying heavy materials, climbing and awkward positions
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites)